Looking for Exercise Physiology on the South Coast?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEP’s) are university trained Allied Health Professionals, who specialise in clinical exercise prescription and the delivery of exercise & lifestyle modification programs for people who are at risk of, or living with chronic illness, such as:
- Diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Parkinson’s Disease
Accredited Exercise Physiologists also work closely with you to help you recover from injuries and get back to work, sport and doing the things you love!
Benefits of Exercise Physiology & Inclusions
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Pre & post Operative rehabilitation
- Sporting injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Shoulders, Backs, hips, knees, ankles, etc!
Typically, AEP services will include:
- Initial consultation and assessment to determine your current health status, medical history and exercise/physical activity history. This is also where your health goals will be discussed and determined
- Explanation and education on how exercise treatment will improve the your health condition and their quality of life
- Developing an exercise program, either in the gym, pool or at home; individual or in a group; followed by instruction on how to complete the exercise program with correct technique.
- Written reports to the referring GP, Nurse or Specialist
- Ongoing assessment to track progress and update treatment program accordingly
Private Health Insurance rebates may be available to eligible patients. Exercise physiology services are classed as ‘general treatment’ in the Private Health Insurance Act 2007 which states:
“General treatment is treatment (including the provision of goods and services) that:
(a) is intended to manage or prevent a disease, injury or condition; and
(b) is not *hospital treatment.”
Services can include:
- Individual services (some via telehealth)
- Group exercises services (maximum 8 people)*
Not all insurers approve group benefits or telehealth. For a summary of PHI benefits view the fact sheet (updated September 2020)